Saturday, September 19, 2015

Huffing and Puffing at the Suffolk Marathon

I "ran" the inaugural Suffolk County Marathon and Half Marathon (I did the half) on Sept. 13; I'm using quote marks to make clear that there was much more walking than running involved, both for reasons of conditioning and because of a couple of avoidable injuries.


Still, I finished it, something I couldn't have imagined doing a year ago.

With better thinking, more preparation and, with luck, much better footwear that can accommodate both a leg differential and extremely flat fee, I'm hoping to finish in much better time. 

Nothing like watching a couple of guys in their 80s drift by as you sit hunched over in pain....

I was proud to wear my old ACES hat, as well as be accompanied by Anna, Carlos and Tom Ronayne at the finish. Anna seemed to run almost effortlessly, finishing the race a couple of hours before me.



No comments:

Own It All- The Complete New Yorker